Re: [oletrucks] Wiring Harness

To: "Jeff Davis" <jsd51@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wiring Harness
From: "David Heath Trahan" <heath@acadian.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 21:14:52 -0600
I found while looking for particular parts that might work on my old '53,
that asking experts from this list could not be beat.  Sometimes you can
find additional information at a local speed shop or custom body shop.  I
went to a local one, who was a distributor for one of the Air Conditioning
Kits.  Very knowledgeable and helpful with showing me the product line and
giving me some added tips on everything form computer chips to lug nuts. I
also found out that they offered me a brand name custom wiring harness
delivered for the same price as any of the major distributors.  Advantage to
this,  If it's wrong they make it good and I don't have to pay for back and
forth shipping until I have the right product.

Sorry about the rambling, but sometimes staying local can be a lot better
than buying from across the country.  One other thing, buying direct from
the manufacturer is often not the best price.  Shop around.

Robert T.
'53-3100 (in pieces) -----Original Message-----