RE: [oletrucks] 1 1/2 ton trucks

To: "Bill Porter" <porboy298@email.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 1 1/2 ton trucks
From: "Gwyn Reedy" <mgr@mgrcorp.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 21:06:51 -0500
I have two older trucks I've been calling 1 1/2 ton models. Neither of them
has a 2 speed rear. Wonder if they are one ton? Both have 20 inch rims
(duals) mounting 7.00 tires.

The 1946 has the ID plate which says max GVW is 13000 or 13500 pounds (I
forget). The frame has flat reinforcing plates about 3/8 inch thick riveted
on each side from under the cab back to the spring mounts.

So how do you tell a 1 ton from a 1 1/2 ton?

My 70 and 71 C-50s both have two speed rears and 20 inch rims, but came with
8.25 tires (now have 9.00 on them). I call the C-50s two ton trucks.

Gwyn Reedy
Brandon, Florida
mailto:mgr@mgrcorp.com