[oletrucks] Good Supplier Story

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Good Supplier Story
From: "Tibbers" <tibbers@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 04:38:56 -0800
Well folks, I have seen and heard about the bad experiences with suppliers,
both lately and in the past.  I had an experience that I thought I would
share that is a bit better.  It isn't necessarily an oletruck experience,
but it is applicable.

I ordered a master engine kit for an engine I am building for my CJ7 from
EngineKitsOnline, who do business as Great Plains Sales in Kansas.  I had
ordered an AMC 360 kit, but it showed up as a Chrysler 360 kit.  I was
bummed out.....I got hold of Blane the sales manager, and told him the
situation.  I was hoping against hope that I would not have to go through
some long drawn out process of arguing my case, trying to prove the kit was
wrong...yada yada...I did not have to do NAY of that.  Blane apologized and
told me he would ship the correct kit IMMEDIATELY (which is about 50 bucks
more expensive) at their cost, for the original price I paid for the
Chrysler kit, and that he would credit my account for the cost of shipping
the wrong kit back.  He did not hesitate or ask for ANYTHING else.  What he
did was do his best to assure he met his customer's needs after being made
aware of a mistake.  No hassle, no bitching....it was instant correction.

While I was kind of upset at the goof-up, I understand that those mistakes
do happen from time to time.  Everyone is a good supplier as long as
everything goes right the first time.  If you really want to measure a
supplier though, check out how one reacts when a mistake has been brought to
their attention.  This outfit did the honorable thing immediately.  I will
be building a couple SBC's in the not too distant future for my '56 pickups.
GPS won my business for those kits yesterday.  The parts are top quality,
and they know how to treat a customer.

Gordon