[oletrucks] Seasons Greetings

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Seasons Greetings
From: "Mac Kinghorn" <kinghorn@granite.mb.ca>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 17:59:23 -0500
To all the listees out there may your Christmas, the last of the century, be
Merry and may you bring in the new millenium happy, health and rolling down
the highway.

On a more serious note I do agree that there is a lot of valuable
information out there and I have learned a thing or two from the members of
the list as well as I have provided input to numerous readers of the list
with their questions.  However there is a lot to be said to springing for a
Good service manual as well as for say a Factory assembly manual.  These
books are relatively inexpensive and tell you everything that you need to
know from carb settings, to spark plug gaps, to point gaps which as it turns
out are supposed to be .016" to major rebuild informaiton.  The Factory
Assembly Manuals are just that.  They explain in great detail by way of
drawings exactly how to put the various components together.  I did not find
out about this list until approximatly 1 year ago  yet I managed to very
successfully do a every bolt, and some rivets, out frame off restoration of
my 1952 Chevrolet 1300 pickup.  My information came almost exclusively from
an old Motors manual, the 1951 with 1952 updates Chevrolet Service Manual
and the Factory Assembly Manual all of which I purchased as part of my
restoration costs.  Don't get me wrong I will more than gladly offer
assistance when there is a question that I believe I can provide positive
input to, but come on guys spend a buck and get some of these manuals you
will be doing yourselves a great favor.  As for rreul@cin.net thanks for
bringing this up as I have been feeling this way for sometime and agree that
it was about time that this was addressed.

Keep on truckin

Mac