Re: [oletrucks] Glove Box Painting Technique?

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Glove Box Painting Technique?
From: Brad Newman <bkn6@airmail.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 16:39:09 -0600
chico woodhill wrote:

> Polish paint polish paint polish...
>
> Is it true that the spaces between the bars of the
> interior grillwork - radio grill, ashtray, and glove box -
> should be painted the color of the dashboard?
>
> Anybody have any good techniques for doing this, apart
> from using the wife's fingernail painting skills?
>
> ...chi

The way that I understand it, the speaker cover part of the dash
(including the ashtray) is painted the dash color (no steel showing),
with the two stainless strips above and below. The glove box is painted
as you say; on the high ridges the stainless shows through.
I tried taping, freehand and painting the entire door and rubbing off
the paint from the high spots, and every time it came out worse than the
one before. If you discover a way that works, please let me know!
Happy New Year
Brad