Re: [oletrucks] Axle seal surface.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, napco4x4@onelist.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Axle seal surface.
From: "Jeff Davis" <jsd51@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 19:56:30 PST
Kevin,

     Don't know if this will work for ya, but at work we used to take worn
shafts for motors and conveyer drives and make multiple passes over the wore
area, building it up to a larger diameter than original then put them on a
lathe and turn them down to spec.
     These were 2" and 3" diameter shafts. Don't know if the heat from
welding would make the axle shaft brittle or not since it is of a
significantly smaller diameter.Just food for thought.

Jeff Davis
'51 custom