Re: [oletrucks] Members Experiences with Big TF Trucks

To: oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Members Experiences with Big TF Trucks
From: advent@thuntek.net
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 09:45:09 -0700
The 20 inch wheels are easy to find. If you ever replace the wheels, go with
split rims. DO NOT get the "widow makers: that are most likely on it now. The
widow makers are illegal to be on the road. My 51 two ton has the bad wheels.
The
power brake booster is easy to replace or rebuild. The master cylinder
different
and Napa can find rubber parts by their size, instead of application. they might
even be able to find a rebuild kit for less money than Chevy Duty or the others.
Do not swap a cylinder from a regular pick up, they do not have enough fliud
capacity. Hit them up for a discount, I buy commercial and get a "way better"
price than the counter price. The rear end parts are easy to find, as well. And
the 2 speed splitter device is very generic. I love the factory power brakes on
my 51. I can throw an unsuspecting person through the windsheild.