Re: [oletrucks] rear end parts

To: dkrehbiel@kscable.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] rear end parts
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 23:14:11 EST
dkrehbiel@kscable.com writes:

>  I am looking for something very small but hard to find around here. I have
>  the closed driveshaft/differential setup that is original on the 50 3100.
On
>  the differential (drivers side) there is a small hole on the top of the
>  axle. I think its a vent hole. It USED to have some sort of cover over it
>  but mine is missing which is a bad thing because it allows dirt (and sand
>  from sand blasting) into the axle shaft. Anyone know where I can find it?
>
>  Also, a few of the leaf spring clips are broken and I would like to replace
>  them as well, but again, no source that I know of. All the catalogs I have
>  show all the parts available except for the clips (the ones that keep the
>  leafs together).
>
>  Thanks
>
>  Deve Krehbiel
>  Hesston, KS
>  50 3100

  For the vent , you should find one at a salvage yard that will work, they
just press in, take a pair of pliers with you.  I put one off a Ford 3/4
rearend in my '59 Chevy's axle, so I'd be betting they are pretty universal.

  The clips should be easy enough to fabricate if you  have the means, I
don't think they are tempered steel, just coll rolled flat iron.  Thing is I
think they are riveted in, aren't they?

  Maybe  some one will post a spring manufacturer for you.

Mike