RE: [oletrucks] Oil Pressure Problems?

To: "'doodle@flintemc.net'" <doodle@flintemc.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Oil Pressure Problems?
From: MIKE RAHL <MRAHL@martinmartin.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 20:20:44 -0700
I will only use Wix filters anymore.  I used to get a bit of valve train
noise upon startup in my 79 C20 350 with Fram or any other of the less
expensive filters.  Ever since the switch to Wix - no more noise.  Warm oil
pressure at idle 20-25 psi, highway speeds 55 psi with the factory pressure
gage.  I've never checked the accuracy with anything else, but it gives me a
warm fuzzy anyway.

 <snip>
I decided to change the FRAM PH 30which I had always run on it,with a wix
and now it has 80 psi hot and Idles at around 40.
 <snip>