Re: [oletrucks] Nutz and Boltz (may have a solutioon for you)

To: dkrehbiel@kscable.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Nutz and Boltz (may have a solutioon for you)
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 01:12:46 EST
In a message dated 1/22/00 8:10:12 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dkrehbiel@kscable.com writes:

> I was hoping for a chemical based solution since I have bags and bags of
>  nuts, bolts, washers, specialty items and do not look forward to sitting in
>  front of a wire wheel for the better part of a week. Still tho, if a single
>  neutralizer is not sufficient to stop the acidic action, then that is not
>  for me. I was hoping for a product (acid, then neutralizer) made
>  specifically for this purpose that worked flawlessly. I have a very old
>  wimpy bench grinder (1/4 horse or less) that will do the job safer, but was
>  hoping for a better way. The tumbler idea might work but I would worry
about
>  the threads. Some of these old bolts (like the hood hinge ones) are not
easy
>  to find and need to retain their holding properties.
>
>  Deve

  You know, I almost forgot about one way to do it, but it will take just a
bit of elbow grease.

  I have a link to a site (hidden deep somewhere in this wonderful filing
cabinet AOL provides) that utilizes a battery charger, a plastic vat/tub, and
a piece of SS (old pots and pans do great, it says).  Add a little baking
powder I belive, and you're all set.

  I think the title of the article was "Electrolysis made easy", when I find
the link I'll post it.

  Mike