Re: [oletrucks] Rebuilding GMC head Q's (water nozzles and things)

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rebuilding GMC head Q's (water nozzles and things)
From: "john r dorsey" <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 1980 18:11:24 -0500
Hmmm. I don't know about 270s but my 1950 big GMC shop manual lists water
nozzles in the heads of 318, 360, 426, 503 engines.

These were high HP engines that also had hardened exhaust valve seats and
sodium filled exhaust valves(360 & up) from the factory.

I also don't know if a 318 or 360 head will fit on a 270.

My shop manual says not to remove them unless they are corroded or damaged.

I doubt that you can find these anywhere, so I wouldnt remove them unless
they are in really bad shape. I would also try to get them out without
ruining them so they could be duplicated. They are not all the same,
different positions use different nozzles.

John
'49 Chevy 3800 Panel
'52 GMC 640 Firetruck