RE: [oletrucks] Y2K Vs '48 Chevy

To: <MKlepp4335@cs.com>, <old-chevy-truck@onelist.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Y2K Vs '48 Chevy
From: "Tibbers" <tibbers@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 17:34:17 -0800
Mike,

It would be nice to know just where on the head it was warped by how much.
Was it wavy, or was it "cupped" in one spot?  Reason I am curious, is that
it sounds like you ran the head for a time, leading me to believe that head
must have been much more true when you installed it than when you took it
off.  Cast iron, unless it is "green" usually won't move that much on its
own........014 is indeed quite a bit of warp, but you did not find a blown
gasket.  SO.....make certain it isn't cracked somewhere too.  Sounds like
you did, but it seems to me you should have seen sign of "bridging" at least
on that gasket....

Gordon