Re: [oletrucks] hydramatic trans linkage?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] hydramatic trans linkage?
From: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 22:06:19 EST
JM,

I've got a '53 GMC W/Hydra-matic. I've never driven in it, but I wanted to
know what these trannies were like also. I've talked with people that have
experience with 'em and everything I've been told is good. Apparently they
were really well built and that lent them into racing before they were
replaced by the much cheaper to build powerglide. The only problem I've heard
about is that replacement parts can be quite spensive. I guess the cost of
basic rebuilding is pretty reasonable, but if you've got a bad pump or valve
body it can really put a dent in your funds. Good luck with it,

Dustin
50 & 53 GMC 1/2 tons