Re: [oletrucks] drivetrain setup

To: kvdurand@mail.esc4.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] drivetrain setup
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 01:26:47 EST
In a message dated 1/29/00 4:52:35 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kvdurand@mail.esc4.com writes:

> With over 500 list members, somebody has to have both a measuring tape and a
>  55-59 truck! Now that I have your attention, I STILL need to know an
>  approximate distance from the rear axle to the frame. My original message
>  was sent exactly a month ago, and I recieved two replies and no
measurement.

 OKay, since I have my truck up here with me know, I'll measure it tomorrow
morning for you.

  BTW, I meant to tell you I figured out why the perch to pinion offset was
at a 10* difference....the rest of the offset is taken up by the leaf's, the
leafs actuall slant at about 5-6*'s (rough measurement) where the pad contact
them.  I also got a better read on my heads when I had the valve cover off to
set the valves, it measured between 3*'s and 4*'s.

  So, taking in the 5-6 I meaured on top of the leafs, in with the 10*'s on
the pad to pinion setting, should put the rear at about 4*-5*'s, probably
pretty close to the GM spec in the manual.

   I'll get that measuremnt for you in the A.M.

  Mike