Re: [oletrucks] To those running the T-5 with the i-6....

To: Passnb4U@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] To those running the T-5 with the i-6....
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 08:08:05 -0700
i am the one who posted putting the ford wc innards in the t5, it does work,
after
all, it's built by ford! call your local trans parts supplier if you don't
believe
me. if you put an s10 shift rail section on the camaro trans, you will lose the
speedo hookup. but it will put the shifter in the right palce. in my 57 ½ ton, i
installed the camaro t5 and discovered the problem. i was less than pleased. the
first gear take off was manatory. so by all means use the s10 trans case, at
least. i don't know if you can keep the s10 gears and use wc parts, it should
work. nm jim