[oletrucks] auto transmisions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] auto transmisions
From: VIDEOEIC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 18:09:06 EST
Hi all
Here is my problem:
I have a 55 2nd series with a 350/350 trans. My truck originally came with a
265 and a hydra-matic. When I bought the truck someone had rigged the linkage
of the original auto column to the 350 trans. I since then have acquired a 55
265 power-pac engine which I would like to put into the truck. Problems: (1)
Is there a way to use a 265(with no starter bolt holes) with a newer model
automatic? (1b) Where there any other auto transmissions that the starter
bolted to that would work in my truck? (2) If I have to go with a hydra-matic
does any one have the correct linkage, and is it very difficult to
adjust(linkage). Finally last question will the linkage and trans out of a
GMC bolt up to my 265?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
John Hurley 55 2nd ser.