Re: [oletrucks] spare tire carrier

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] spare tire carrier
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 17:26:00 -0600
Having that tire taking up space in the bed is ridiculous. Especially a huge
16x6.50 tire! The only really great spot is on the side of the bed. Good for
Chevy to place it there later. Meanwhile, my 94 Explorer has it underneath
and the reason I bought it over a Chevy Blazer was because Chevy's Blazer
has it inside the cargo compartment with an option to have it mounted on a
rack you have to move outta the way before you can load/unload. Phoooey! I
buy a pickup or SUV for what? So I have room to haul stuff, not haul a spare
tire around where it don't belong. Back then tho, tires were only 2 ply and
apt to leak or puncture. Changing a flat was a much more common occurence.
Meanwhile, I understand that I need a spare tire carrier for a 1947-1950 1/2
ton only. Anyone having such a beast, I would greatly appreciate making
arrangements with you to get it. Thanks alot!

Deve
50 3100