[oletrucks] Water from steel (was originally about POR-15)

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Water from steel (was originally about POR-15)
From: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 17:03:48 -0500
Grant, I see this all the time at work, but never considered myself smart
enough to come up with an answer that wouldn't show how dumb I really am!!
But it does make some sense, though so does the condensation theory.  When
we heat thick pieces at the welding shop (like 2-4" thick), it weeps like
you mention.  But the other day I was warming up a piece of 5/8" stainless
with a propane torch, the shop air was unusually cool (58 degrees), and the
surface of the plate was so wet it was practically dripping on the floor.
Beats me.  Guys at work expound both theories...I figure I'll probably die
without ever knowing the truth!

Wally / Templeton, MA
53 3100 rod project