Re: [oletrucks] Water from steel (was originally about POR-15)

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Water from steel (was originally about POR-15)
From: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 20:26:41 -0500
Yes Grant, it was colder than the air temperature.  The steel had been
stored outside and was probably 30-40 degrees or so when I put some heat to
it.  It was actually a large cylinder on which we were going to perform a
vacuum leak test, and you don't want to be pumping water vapor through a
vacuum pump, hence the heating to drive out the chill.  Also due to to
nuclear guidelines, we can't weld on material if it is below 50 degrees F.

Wally