Re: [oletrucks] bed sides

To: Justin Hartman <justin_hartman@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] bed sides
From: Bruce Damen <little-castle-contracting@cadvision.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 18:46:32 -0700
yeah......what he said.......................    i had a cousin whos a sheet
metal worker make me some new sides up for my box sides and my box front....he
did a great job and they match exactly.....ok maybe not exactly...i have one
problem that i hope to maybe get it rectified really soon.  all this welding
talk has got my rod a bit stiff.... any ways hopefully the wife and i can solve
that problem later....the problem i run into is his shop could not bend the side
of the metal into the tube that runs the length of the box sides.... i was
hoping to by some pipe and weld it to the sides.....so what are my chances of it
working....need some ideas...my main worry is expansion and contraction....but i
guess proper welding techniques will solve that....any help out there????

Thanks

Bruce Damen
1949 chev 1/2 ton