RE: [oletrucks] Steering arm (drag link) Help!

To: <Advdesign1@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Steering arm (drag link) Help!
From: "Rich Gallagher" <rgallagrrr@mcn.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 18:55:51 -0700
Thanks for the replies.  It came off ok but looking at it, it appears to be
worn.  I've got it soaking in the parts tank now but would like to know how
to judge if it is safe and servicible.  One of my primary goals is to get
this 50 one ton steering well again (if it ever did!).  It had been used to
haul grain and was likely overloaded with the result that it was pretty hard
to keep between the fence posts when I got it.  Any suggestions on how to
tell if I need an new drag link?  TIA
Rich Gallagher
50 1 ton & 56 3200