Re: [oletrucks] I-6 turbo wonderings

To: <CLLLSLS@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] I-6 turbo wonderings
From: "Rob Steinmetz" <rstein@sssnet.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 07:57:35 -0500
    You're not alone.  I think it would be an excellent engine to put a
turbo on.  I don't think a high RPM horsepower increase is what the engine
needs.  If one could use a turbo that delivers power similar to a
turbo-diesel, I think that would be more enjoyable.
    I think they are called low pressure turbos.  Can anyone add to my
thought?  What turbos are out there that can deliver close to off-idle power
boosts?  I know superchargers deliver power all the time.  However, a turbo
only boosts power when needed.  That is a lot more fun, in my opinion.  It's
like getting a second wind after you thought you couldn't work any harder.