RE: [oletrucks] ' 79 305 and S-10 motor mounts

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] ' 79 305 and S-10 motor mounts
From: varanus@phoenix.net
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:06:24 -0600
Andy - I'd go with the 350 too (preferably a 4 bolt ;).  They are much
more versatile and better made.  Even if the 305 were a great motor - I'd
still run a 350 for a sb.  I had always dreamed of dropping a 454 in my
51 3100.  But, I bought an 82 3/4T with the 4 bolt 350 as a donor truck
and got that 350 going and it is really nice.  Even stock. I think it's the
best balance between gas mileage and HP you'll find.  The 305s fall
short IMHO.
Eric