Re: [oletrucks] ' 79 305 and S-10 motor mounts

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] ' 79 305 and S-10 motor mounts
From: "Andy Johns" <andy51chevy@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 13:26:20 -0500
Thanks for all the in put.  The reason I looking at a 305 was the better gas
mileage though.  What would the gas mileage difference be between a 350 and
a 305?  I'm working on a 16 year old's budget so gas mileage is important.
I was recently told that anything less than a 327 would have to work so hard
to move the truck, that there wouldn't be much difference in Gas mileage.  I
have heard of much smaller engines in the AD's though.  Is this guy off his
rocker?
The junk yards around here say $500 for a sound 350, and a 305 would be
$375.  That is another reason I chose the smaller engine.
Thanks,
Andy Johns
1951 3100