Re: [oletrucks] Zinc plated body

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Zinc plated body
From: "Keith" <kvdurand@mail.esc4.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 17:31:10 -0800
For 50 bucks. I'd say have them do it. It will protect the metal in the
impossible to reach places. If it's electroplated, it's probably not yellow,
and I'm not sure if I'd want yellow fenderwells. But if my dipper had
offered this, I would have had them do it. Some primers have special
instructions for painting over zinc, but the extra step is not too involved,
something like using a weak acid (vinegar?) before spraying paint. This will
sure beat trying to get the paint into the double panels of the roof and
cowl.