[oletrucks] door gunk

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] door gunk
From: "David" <mytruck@hehe.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 22:19:17 -0600
I have been working on my 59's doors lately. Between the trim plate that
hides all of the window workings, etc., and the rest of the door there is
some gooey stuff.  It kind of has the consistency of plumbers putty.  Is
this necessary to put back in there after I blast, paint, etc., or can I
just leave it bare?  I thought maybe it is to reduce rattling?  It seems
kind of strange to me, is this something original or just someone else's
bright idea.

Thanks.

Tex Carr
1959 Chevy 1/2 ton