Re: [oletrucks] door gunk

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] door gunk
From: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 23:03:43 -0600 (CST)
I pulled apart the doors on both my regular '57 and the parts truck last
summer.  There was some kind of sealer in that joint, but the stuff was
petrified to a rock like consistancy.

The factory assembly manual calls for a 1/8" bead of sealer P/N 3710408
along the bottom of the door panel below the door screws.  It was
apparently a solvent based sealer that was supposed to be applied after
priming and finishing.  Page 1-148.00.

The stuff left in the door was a tan color.  I put mine back together
without sealer.

Bruce Kettunen
'57 3100