[oletrucks] Abrasive blasting info

To: "Oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Abrasive blasting info
From: "Mark Self" <markself@discover.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 07:36:54 -0800
To the man who asked about blast cabinet parts and info.

I recently purchased a book from www.motorbooks.co (800-826-6600).  It is
"The Complete Automotive Abrasive-Blasting Handbook".  I think I paid
$14.95.  I can't remember the cat. number.  It is written by Stephen V.
Perrault.  It was published in 1988 by Abrasive Blasting Services.

This book gives all matter of info on all facets of the blast cabinet and
equippment.

I think this will answer a lot of your questions.  It sure helped me out.

Here's something that I stumbled across and it made all the difference in
the world about the performance of my blast cabinet.  Don't overfill the
hopper with blast media.  I've found that if I fill the hopper to just a
couple of inches above the pickup point of the siphon tube it works a 100%
better.  I was overfilling the hopper and my blaster wasn't working worth a
darn.

Mark Self
Redlands, CA
'55 1st 5-window 3100