[oletrucks] Bye bye '51

To: "oletrucks@autox.team.net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Bye bye '51
From: John Maertens <mcdac@rconnect.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:59:51 -0600
Hello group,
        I've been off the list for several months and missed you all terribly!
I sold my 1951 1/2 ton last fall but two days later (much to my wife's
dismay) bought a 1970 GMC long box. I joined the appropriate group for
that era and although they seem to be a nice helpful bunch, they're not
as much fun as this oletruck clan.
        I may stick around the list for awhile just to catch up on things but
my real motive is more mercenary. I tried to give the guy that bought my
'51 most of the spare parts that I had but stopped when the cab and box
were full. I'd like to sell the rest of the Advance Design parts that I
have and will post an ad at Oletrucks.org when I have completed an
inventory. All parts are from a 1949,1950 and 1951 trucks. It would be
really great if someone would buy it all. I'd give you a good deal! Off
the top of my head here's a partial list of the used parts:

2 doors from a 1950 deluxe cab
complete bed and fenders (less floor) short box
radiator-1951, 3100
radiator-1949,3800
pair of corner glass for deluxe cab
starters, generators, coils (all 6 volt)
windshield glass
hubcaps
spare tire carrier (1951) under bed type
distributor (216)
1957 Chev. car rear end, trans. and driveshaft. Set up to fit the pre
1955 AD truck.
misc. door handles, latches and hardware
vacuum windshield wiper motors
ignition switches, glove box lock, door locks (some w/keys)
rochester carbs.
hood side emblems
and more that I can't remember right now, but maybe over the weekend
I'll get an inventory taken.

        It's good to be back on the list!
John '70 GMC
Minnesota