Re: [oletrucks] what year is this thing?

To: Brager Family <backhome@whidbey.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] what year is this thing?
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 07:21:51 -0700
Hi Pam, We am sorry to hear about your loss. I think I can speak for us all at
"Oltrucks". There are trucks some trucks like that. The 54 and 55 were nearly
identical. These trucks are called "fifty five, first series. There are not many
55 GMC's 1st series around.  I hope you all decide to keep the truck and give
the attention it deserves to have. We all would enjoy the time spent to answer
any question you may have. That is why we are all here, to gain from each others
knowledge and experiences. So, we hope you "ask away!" with any questions. Can
you tell us more about the truck? Is this a 2 or 4 wheel drive truck, V8 or 6,
automatic or standard?  Try this site to decode the VIN (vehicle identification
number). This will tell you the year it is, where it was built, possible engine
and transmission options, paint colors, weight classification and a few other
things. http://www.americanclassic.com/paint.htm has a vin decoder. Just type in
the VIN at the top of the page on the right side frame. The VIN is by the lower
hinge that bolts to the cab on a metal tag riveted on.

I hope this helps.
New Mexico Jim
51 Chevy two ton dump
50 Chevy ½ ton