Re: [oletrucks] DON'T BUY HOOKER HEADERS!

To: "Greg St Pierre" <gstpierr@u.washington.edu>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] DON'T BUY HOOKER HEADERS!
From: "Lonnie L. Dickey" <mdickey@silverback.gorilla.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 19:48:02 -0600
Very interesting. I have long and good history with Hookers. However,
based on your example, I wonder if the problem stems from the take-
over by Holley? I have recently had similar problems with a new Holley
Projection 4Di system. The short form is:
    1. software and chip out of date (by a long way)
    2. software and chip (see #1) were not at compatible levels
    3. the included fuel pump died three days into the installation
    4. the fuel pump (see #3) and a quickly purchased replacement
        (in order to get my daily driver running) both make a unbelievable
        noise. they are LOUD and high pitched causing headaches.
        note:by loud I mean LOUD enough to be heard over my headers
                and barely legal mufflers
    5. bad disk for the data collection and logging function
    6. etc, etc, etc.

I may never purchase a Holley or Holley owned product again.

Oh boy, I feel better.
Lonnie