[oletrucks] Crankcase ventilation

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Crankcase ventilation
From: "Joe Clark" <jclark1@utk.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 13:46:17 -0500
Question:
What is the best thing, if any, to use as a filter for the crankcase
breather tube (correct term?) on an I-6?  I have a 235 that leaks a
little oil around the rear main seal.  I have a piece of monel in my
crankcase vent but I was thinking that if it was too thick and
restricted air flow, the pressure could cause an oil leak.  Does
anyone have any suggestions on what, if anything, to use?  Thanks!
Joe

Joe Clark
'50 3100 Deluxe
Knoxville, Tennessee