[oletrucks] NEEDED: 270 crankshaft

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] NEEDED: 270 crankshaft
From: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 23:39:46 EST
My 270's in the shop awaiting tanking, #6 cylinder sleeving, decking, and
.060"-.075" overbore depending on how bad the rust is. The crank prolly can't
be turned enough to clean up the corrosion, but won't know for sure until
after they inspect it. Please let me know if you have a 270 crank in
refurbishable condition. Prolly no chance of an NOS 270 crank huh? (like I
could afford it, but who knows) Have 248 block with worn original bore and
decent crank for possible trade for decent 270 crank?

Just FYI: Figured out the 270 crank won't work in a 248, or atleast with
stock rods and pistons. The 248 deck height is approximately an 1/8" shorter.
The 248 and 270 rods are absolutely identicle down to the casting numbers and
the pistons have identicle dimensions with the exception of diameters.

Thanks a million,

Dustin/Aurora,OR
50 & 53 GMC 1/2 tons
48 GMC 3/4 ton