[oletrucks] Gas tank & fuel guage

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Gas tank & fuel guage
From: Pastorjon994@cs.com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 23:56:32 EST
Dear Gang:
    I decided to try to get my fuel guage to work yesterday.  I looked at the
sending unit on the tank and found one wire attached and another wire just
hanging in the breeze.  I jumpered from the tank connection to the guage and
the needle jumped to F.
    When I turn my ignition switch on, the needle would always before move
about a 1/4 of an inch to about 1/4 tank position.  Now the needle jumps
around, is sometimes all the way on F and sometimes in the 1/4 position.
    Any ideas???

Jon Callahan  '50 3100