Re: [oletrucks] Electric versus Air Tools

To: dcvjrv@flashcom.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Electric versus Air Tools
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 00:08:52 EST
dcvjrv@flashcom.net writes:

> I am in the market to finally purchase a right angle grinder for use in the
>  restoration of my vehicles.  It won't get the kind of usage a body shop
>  would use, but I want a good one.  The first decision I need help in
making
>  is whether to go electric or air.  I am leaning towards air but would like
>  to hear pros and cons regarding this.
>
>  The other question is more subjective.  What brand and model should I be
>  interested in?
>
>  Thanks in advance for all comments.
>
>  Jim V.

  Jim,

  I'm a fan of most pnuematic tools, except grinders.  Theres a couple that
I'd consider, I have three of them, and all get a lot of use when doing work.
 I have a 10000rpm 5 inch Makita, a 13500rpm 4 inch Bosch, and a large
industrial 7 inch 5000rpm grinder (forget the brand right now, but it's of
foriegn decent) and all have performed without any problems.

  For convienence you'll want at least two, one with flat disc's/flat disc,
another with a stone on it, saves a lot of hassle.

  I haven't used a air grinder that I liked yet, I borrowed a IR (big one) CP
(4inch)  and they seemed too easy to lug down, they also used a lot of air.

  Mike