[oletrucks] End Gate (Tailgate) Striker Needed - Cameo

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] End Gate (Tailgate) Striker Needed - Cameo
From: dcvjrv@flashcom.net
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 21:46:25 -0500
Okay folks I am in deep trouble now.  As I was assembling all the pieces
for my pickup bed I discovered that I am missing the strikers that hold the
tailgate up.  These strikers are different than the ones used on the
regular pickups.  They are in Group 23.1105.  Part numbers are 381223/4 L/R
and were the same on all years of the Chevrolet Cameos and GMC Suburban
Carrier Pickups.  There were also shims under them Group 23.1095, part
number 2812225.

I am not really concerned about the shims as I can duplicate them if need
be, but I don't even have an example of the strikers.

Anybody got a couple of these that they don't need I would be more than
happy to buy them.  Also if anybody knows who to go seek these from would
be greatly appreciated.  I certainly don't want to have to use bailing wire
to hold the tailgate up, it would look to much like a F*#D if I did that.  :>)

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

Jim V. - '58 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo style) - V8 Automatic
dcvjrv@flashcom.net
http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mi2/jrvvehicles