[oletrucks] Shock Mount Info Needed!

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Shock Mount Info Needed!
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 18:28:26 -0600
I have finally found shocks that actually will fit my frame. Problem is, the
angle doesnt seem quite right. However it turns out, these shocks will work
great but I need some specific info...

1) Where exactly are the REAR shock mounts bolted.. forward of the axle, or
behind it? This is not an automatic thing because it appears they could go
on either place and still work.

2) Is the bracket pointed UP or DOWN? I have the bracket on the forward
u-bolt facing down. Its gotta be wrong because the angle just isnt right.
So, the bolt the holds the shock is the lowest part of the bracket.

Someone please check this.. its pretty important that I get it right. Its a
1950 1/2 ton. It has the square angled u-bolts that mount to a bracket on
the rear end. NOT the kind that have the more rounded u-bolts. Thanks in
advance for the help!

Deve
50 3100
49 3600