[oletrucks] Re: Was.. DA Sanders & Updates, now Primer/Rust forming...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Was.. DA Sanders & Updates, now Primer/Rust forming...
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 18:48:56 EST
 In the OLD days, the primers absorbed moisture, so you didn't want to run
the car around all the time with just primer .... however, there are now some
hardy primers that are so tough,some of the 'Rodders are using these special
red, black, or grey semi-gloss primers as the final coat, as they like the
semi-gloss aspect alot! And they won't absorb moisture, either, so they're
safe to leave " as is ". I'm not a painter, and don't remember the specific
name of these primers, but you could go that route if you wanted to. I do
believe that you have to take special care cleaning the paint guns, as this
stuff will dry and clog your gun orifices if you don't clean it thoroughly
after using it! As usual, check with an expert before using. :)

Jerry Casper
non-expert new home/garage owner with YEARs of non-experience.