[oletrucks] new bed

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] new bed
From: "Thomas E. Farrow" <teftom@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:06:35 -0500
Well after struggling for quite some time I have the entire bed off of my
50, 3600. It has been repaired and jury rigged for 50 years.  With every
bolt out of it it is solid as a rock. The front panel is welded with
continuous bead on three sides. The bed has a solid sheet steel welded on
four sides. All rails are welded to the sides and to the sheet steel. Over
30 feet of continuous beads!! I don't think it will be salvageable after all
that cutting on top of the loss to rust.  Does any vendor like Jim Carter
sell a complete bed kit? I need two sides, a front, and the wood floor kits.
Also, looking for a painter in South Florida. Anybody know one.  There are
plenty of restoration places here but they want major bucks. I'm looking for
a normal, honest, paint guy to do the pieces so I can bring em' home and
reassemble.  But I have to find a new bed first.  If any one wants to take a
stab at my old one speak up