Re: [oletrucks] Carburetor troubleshooting

To: Advdesign1@aol.com, lloydt@Colorado.EDU, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Carburetor troubleshooting
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 10:33:25 EST
In a message dated 3/16/00 8:24:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Advdesign1@aol.com writes:

> >  I've been told that I should replace the oil-bath cleaner with a
>  >  more high-performance air cleaner to help my truck run better.
>  >
>  I never heard of an oil bath air cleaner restricting air flow.  Just make
>  sure the oil level is up to the line, not above.  They are pretty
efficient.
>  Bob Adler

  I agree with Bob,

  Althoug I haven't done repeated cold starting with my '59 (although several
time in in the 20's) it's never had a problem.  Pull the choke all the way,
usually on 3 or 4 revolutions and she's fired.  Drop the choke back and use
the pedal to hold about 800-900 rpms.

  I'd suggest you go through afew things first, clean plugs and gap'em, clean
points and gap'em, and set the timing.  Clean the rotor and cap.

  If you think it has to do with the oilbath aircleaner, just pull it off and
see how she starts without it.

  Mike