Re: [oletrucks] 700R4 (was: 305)

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 700R4 (was: 305)
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 07:49:18 -0700
Jimmy--

The TH3200, TH250 and TH350 went to lockup torque converters about
1980...your 81 Regal would have had one of these, NOT a 700R4.  The
700R4 was introduced in the 82 models.  The 700R4 was not available with
a non-Chevy engine, either.  There was also another ovedrive automatic,
introduced about 1981, the 200-4R, which was the overdrive version of
the TH200...it was used in many of the midsize GMs during the 80s,
including the Buick Grand National.

This subject is more complicated than we want to get into here   :)

Jim