Re: [oletrucks] 700R4 (was: 305)

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 700R4 (was: 305)
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 21:25:58 -0700
Sorry if I caused any confusion...but I said that the COMPUTER CONROLLED
version of the 700R4 came out about 1993.  The "normal" 700R4 was
introduced in the 82 GM cars and trucks.  The computer controlled
version will not work at all without a computer!  It has gobs of wires
on it, with several different connectors.  The normal 1982-1992 700R4
does have one connection to the engine computer, for the torque
converter lockup, but the tranny will shift just fine if you leave the
wires disconneted.

The 1987 date is when Chevy gave up on carburetors in cars...and went
entirely to fuel injection.

Jim