[oletrucks] Off Topic - Spam Stuff.

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Off Topic - Spam Stuff.
From: "Kevin D. Pennell" <oletwuk@fastrus.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 20:35:45 -0500
Hi all,

  I watched the thread in question for awhile prior to actually trying it
myself.  No one was screaming, and curiosity got the best of me.  I did it.
Got me too.  O.K., I'm got if someone wants me.  So what else is new???

  I decided not to say anything, and then noticed a comment about the "Grand
Pouba".  If made in jest, O.K., but it's hard to read the tone of an e-mail.

  It should be obvious that someone in a position of authority here is
looking out for our best interests.  The Plain Text, Mime Off, and No
Attachment rules make that readily apparent from jump street.  When the
"Pouba" is faced with a decision such as this, I'd just bet that it isn't
taken lightly, and some valuable personal time is expended in evaluating the
circumstances and weighing all possible options prior to making a decision
to administer the "axe".  As the "Pouba" for a similar list, I've been there
and "Got" that T-shirt.  It's never something you look forward to,  it's
never fun,  and it almost always results in some negative comments from
someone.

  The worst part of it is that you're damned if you do and damned if you
don't.  You've just got to stand tall and make the call.  Then you've got to
live with it.  Give Miq a little credit.  The job sucks, and we're all
better off in the long run because he "chooses" to do it.

  Thanks Miq.

Kevin P.