[oletrucks] 1949 Questions?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 1949 Questions?
From: "Joshua Tivis" <Tivis@pp.okstate.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 13:09:50 -0600
I am rebuilding a 1949 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup and I need help with a
couple of things:

1.  I am trying to put a automatic tranny in it and keep the 3-speed
shifter on the steering column as the automatic shifter.  Does
anybody have any suggestions on how to do this?

2.  I would like to add power steering to the truck and am curious if
I could take the power steering stuff out of a Chevy S-10.

3.  Is there any other place I could mount the battery, besides
under the floor.  I would like to stick it under the hood.  The truck
has a 292 out of a 1978 Chevy 1/2 ton.

Thanks,

Josh
1949 Chevy 1/2 ton