Re: [oletrucks] 1952 GMC Loadmaster

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1952 GMC Loadmaster
From: "Boteler Family" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 22:54:52 -0500
Adam, it's not the tires that are the problem it is the rims.....20" are
tube type and there are two (2) types; a 2 piece "suicide" and a three (3)
piece "split ring" rim.  The 2 piece rims have been outlawed and must tire
shops wont touch them!  They are very dangerous.  The 3 piece rims are still
in service on lots of trucks.

What size is the Loadmaster (1-1/2 or 2 ton)?  You might find rims off of a
later truck ('56-59) that are tubeless, a better way to go.  The 8.00 x
22.5" tubeless is about the same overall height and should fit the wheel
opening.  Just match the lug pattern.

Good Luck,
Mike B. '56 8400 Wrecker  :)