[oletrucks] Generators

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Generators
From: AKAMF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 23:59:28 EST
Hi All,
Last week my generator died and left me stranded about 1/2 mile from home.  I
got a jump from my understanding wife and made it home in the middle of the
night. Had to drive without lights, when I'd turn them on the engine would
start to die.
One brush had worn down and tweaked off the spring loaded mount.  NAPA had
brushes in stock and I replaced the pair.  Generator still didn't work. Took
it back out and used the multimeter on it.  Continuity between the two posts
AND between either post and the housing.  Figuring something was grounding
out that shouldn't be, I sent it in for a rebuild.  Before putting it back on
I checked with the meter and same thing. Continuity between posts and
housing.  Went ahead and put it back on and works great.    It seems very odd
to me.  Is this the way it is?

Brian
55/2nd 3600 w/well charged bat.