Re: [oletrucks] 270 crank saga continues...

To: <CLLLSLS@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 270 crank saga continues...
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 17:13:16 -0800
>The crank's biggest problem is the corrosion on the rear
>seal surface. This can't be turned down because then it wouldn't seal, but,
>someone on this list actually suggested chroming the surface and grinding
>back down to original dimension.

As a boy, I played the french horn, and after a few years, the valves became
too worn, causing the air to leak around them and the tone to be
compromised.  The solution was to take the valve internals to the chrome
shop and have the surfaces built up.  Seems like the same idea for your rear
seal.

Regards,

Grant S.