Re: [oletrucks] Wheel bearings--slow down!

To: "Vince Kieffer" <vk30345@navix.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wheel bearings--slow down!
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 15:33:04 -0600
Sure.. glad to help

Chevy Duty in Kansas City (816) 741-8029

Wheel Bearing (47-54 1/2 Ton) Replacement Roller Type

Front Inner Part No. 73-031 (price: $45.95 each)
Front Outer Part No. 73-061 (price: $29.95 each)

They have all kinds of good stuff.. call them if for no other reason than to
get the catalog. Prices are the most reasonable I have seen. You also want
to check with Jim Carter. A lot of times Chevy Duty wants to backorder
stuff. So between the two, you should get pretty fast service. Jim Carters
number is (800) 872-1913. My pet peeve is hearing that the parts I need are
backordered and they don't know when they will be shipped. Well, I am not
sure when I will pay them for the parts? Hello? If its in your catalog
folks.. have it in stock! I can get a gold plated ANVIL with YOUR name on it
from outer Mongolia in ONE DAY with the way shipping technology has advanced
so I see absolutely NO excuse for not having the parts we need on the shelf
or no more than 3-5 business days away from being delivered anywhere in the
world. It might be a hobby thus a lesser need for speed, but sometimes (and
more often than I would like to see) they push the envelope.

Good luck! I should publish the statistics of how many backorders I finally
canceled due to inaction by the vendors but they know and I know that we
need them to stay in business and at least make a half-fast effort at
searching and obtaining parts for us, or we are all out in the salvage yard
looking for a seriously dwindling supply of used parts. So, I will be nice
and just hope that whoever is reading this and works at these places gets
the hint.

Deve

50 3100
49 3600