[oletrucks] Throttle linkage rod needed

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Throttle linkage rod needed
From: Dick Byrne <lindalnhvt@sugar-river.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 21:59:45 -0500
I have only had my truck, a 53 1/2 ton, 216 engine, out for a few days
after being in pieces for 2 1/2 years and it's been running great.  Tonight
I stepped on the gas and the pedal went to the floor.  It seems a PO had
brazed a break in the rod that goes from the gas pedal to the carb linkage
and it let go.  It looks pretty tender, but I still have both pieces.  I've
never noticed these pieces in any catalogs.  Anyone know where I can buy
this piece.  It was pretty interesting getting home using the throttle
cable and choke cable to get up and down the hills on the way home tonight.
 Any help would be appreciated.  I'd like to get this back on the road as
soon as possible.
Dick Byrne
Contemporary Homes
Box 129