[oletrucks] head gasket cooling

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] head gasket cooling
From: "dph55@pdq.net" <dph55@PDQ.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 09:49:13 -0600
If I thought there might be ahead gasket problem contributing to a cooling
problem I would start the truck with the radiator cap removed and watch for
the appearance of bubbles in the neck . This would be a constant stream of
bubbles if the cylinder is dumping gasses through the coolant. Usually you
wont wonder for long if you have a head gasket leaking into the water jacket.
It will overheat almost as badly as a stuck thermostat.

Dave Handley